[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Stealth Cam Nomad IR Review - Whitetailkillers.com

Whitetailkillers.com

We're all about hunting!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:23 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:53 pm 

I just noticed the batteries are starting to go dead in my trailcamera, and I think I got my money's worth. After doing a little math, I think I got about 4600 pictures on one set of six C cell batteries.

The camera is the Stealth Cam Nomad IR. It is 5 megapixels, it has 27 infra red emitters for a 30 ft. flash, Burst Mode, and takes digital video. Time, date, moon phase, and temperature stamp on the pictures or video. The Nomad excepts up to a 4GB SD card, but also has a 32MB internal memory so it operates without a card.

This camera takes awesome pictures, and in any weather. It doesn't seem to be affected by the coldest nights or the hottest days. The infra red nighttime photos are clear and sharp, and the color daytime photos are beautiful. The auto focus feature always seems to work nicely, although around dawn and dusk the camera sometimes gets confused. It seems as though the daylight sensor doesn't always know how to expose the picture. This results in white outs. This only lasts for a few minutes in between light and dark. I can combat this with the Burst Mode. The first picture is over exposed, then the others in the series are fine. Burst Mode takes a series of photos on a single triggering event. This camera allows up to 9 photos per triggering. I set mine to take 3 or 4 pictures per event, then time out for one minute. If more than one deer passes in front of the camera, Burst Mode should catch them.

The trigger speed leaves a little to be desired. The camera takes a while to "wake up." I recommend placing the camera so that it looks up a trail, rather than across it. This should put the deer in the frame for a longer period of time, giving the camera more time. I think the best picture will come from giving the deer a reason to stop in front of the camera. In areas where baiting is legal this should be a piece of cake, but if not, a mock scrape, or a fence crossing will work just fine.

I really like this camera in the affordable range. Priced around 100 bucks the Nomad is worth it. I have left mine outside for months on end, and I'm still getting the same trouble free operation. Great pictures, reliability, and durability are what we want, right?

Attachments:
sc_nomad_ir.jpg
sc_nomad_ir.jpg [ 119.47 KiB | Viewed 11338 times ]
trailcamhome8-03-11 12001.jpg
trailcamhome8-03-11 12001.jpg [ 55.8 KiB | Viewed 11841 times ]
trailcamhome7-11-11 13601.jpg
trailcamhome7-11-11 13601.jpg [ 184.26 KiB | Viewed 11841 times ]

Port

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:45 pm 

Well, after a few years of reliable operation my Stealth Cam Nomad gave up the ghost. It didn't die of old age though, ants killed it. They got into the housing and must have chewed on something important. So it was a sad day, but I called customer service to see if there was anything I could do. I spoke with a really pleasant rep, who was also really patient. When we determined that the camera was in fact dead, she told me about their refurbished cameras. I am going to send back my old broken camera, and they are sending me a rebuilt camera for a small fee. I thought this was pretty damn fantastic seeing as how my camera was out of warranty and had been eaten by ants.

Oh yeah, because my camera is so old, I am being forced to settle for a newer, cooler, smaller, and more powerful camera. Sweet.

I'll keep you posted.

Port

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:22 am 

Good review port. The camera took good pictures and I have been to your place enough over the past couple of years to know that camera has been out there in all kinds of weather. I hope the new one works out to.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:45 pm 

hope my stealth cam works as good as you did..great pictures.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:13 pm 

I get the same UFO in some of my night pic's what do you think that is,I think it has to do with the flash I hope lol...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:34 pm 

Those "UFOs" are bugs zipping through as the picture is being taken. For a while I thought my field was haunted by Egg Noodles.

Port

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable