[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Winner's Choice Bowstring Review 8190 Xtreme - Whitetailkillers.com

Whitetailkillers.com

We're all about hunting!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:16 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:55 am 

If you are anything like me, you have been shooting religiously all summer. You can’t wait for the season to open. You have your trailcameras out, found a buck, and have an early season plan to see him.

Scenario 1:
When the season finally arrives you wait for the perfect wind to hunt that buck. You watch the weather and see your window of opportunity. You load your bow and gear into the truck, and head to work. The plan is to get out of work early enough to go sit in the stand that you expect the buck to walk past. It’s eighty degrees out, but with the right wind a little sweat will be okay. The day ticks away painfully slowly, but finally it is time to head to the woods. You get into your camos, spray down, and head to your stand with high hopes. You have done your homework, you have a good idea that the buck will show, and the bow is shooting great. An hour before dark the deer start to move; everything is going as planned. A few does go through, then a small buck, and another small buck, then like a ghost your shooter just appears. You draw back your bow just as he stops in one of your lanes, but the peep sight has rotated sideways in the string. You struggle to try to twist the peep with your mouth while at full draw. About now you realize that he has spotted some movement, and he is getting ready to leave. You give the peep one last push and touch off the release, only to send an arrow harmlessly past him, and send him into the next county. You fight back the nausea as you climb down from what was a perfect set-up; you head back to the truck and get your wife on the phone. You curse at her about how you’re headed to the store to spend a grand on an expletive crossbow because of what happened. On the way you call your buddy to tell him that the bow is a piece of junk, and he should get a crossbow also. The following Saturday you aren’t hunting though, instead you are explaining to the marriage counselor that your wife made you hire, that your peep didn’t come back straight.

Scenario 2:
During the summer you had your favorite bow shop get you the new 8190 Xtreme bowstring from Winner’s Choice. Your string wasn’t affected by the heat while sitting in your truck, when you were working. When the buck showed up, you drew back, the peep was straight in front of your eye and your nock height hadn’t changed due to string creep. You pinwheel him. As you float down out of the tree, you reflect on all the time you spent preparing for this. First call is to the wife; you tell her that you love her and that you will have some extra time for the “honey do” list, because you got the big boy. Next, you call your buddy to tell him the good news; he offers to meet you at your truck and help you drag that monster out.

The 8190 Xtreme from Winner’s Choice Custom Bowstrings is the latest advancement in custom string making. The new material is touted to be stronger, more accurate, have a faster shoot in time, improved durability, and have Winner’s Choice’s Weatherlock technology. It is guaranteed against creep, peep rotation, and serving separation.

I put a 8190 Xtreme string and cable on my old Bowtech the other day with Tom DiRisio of Strictly Archery. He was interested in seeing for himself what the new strings had to offer. We put the strings on, cycled the bow a few times to settle the strings in and then we marked the cam to see how much movement we would get. The first thing I realized was that the draw cycle of the bow had smoothed out considerably. The next thing was how nicely the peep came back. I shoot this bow off the string, as in no loop, so I have always used a Speednock to align my peep; not anymore. Then I pounded the target for two days to get about four hundred shots onto the string. Finally, I left the bow in the truck for seven hours on an eighty degree day, and then we checked the mark. There wasn’t any discernable movement and the peep hadn’t rotated, so we shot the bow through the paper again; the tear hadn’t changed. This string is everything it is advertised to be!

If you are tired of fighting with your old string, you want to get rid of that noisy, speed robbing, rubber peep tubing, or you want to get the performance you deserve out of your new bow, go to http://www.winnerschoicestrings.com and check out the new 8190 Xtreme for yourself. They have more information there and some great videos, including one with Randy Ulmer that sheds a little light on the importance of custom bowstrings. wclogoblack.jpg
wclogoblack.jpg [ 15.81 KiB | Viewed 12910 times ]

Port

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:57 pm 

wow you sure do write nice...maybe i'll look into a winner's choice string...great review..

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:52 pm 

Thanks

Yeah, I am impressed with the string. The bow is shooting well. Maybe after the season I will do a follow up explaining how the string survived the season.

Port

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:22 pm 

Great review port. Keep it up and we will be reading your stuff in a magazine soon.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:30 pm 

Been using winners choice strings for 10 years.Great review the best on the market ...Enough Said!!!

Thumper Arrows
Quad Ultra rest
Ramcat Broadheads
= Meat in the Freezer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:36 pm 

I used rubber peep tubing when i WAS 18 ..wAKE UP PEOPLE GET WINNERS CHOICE STRINGS...WAKE UP PEOPLE..

Thumper Arrows
Quad Ultra rest
Ramcat Broadheads
= Meat in the Freezer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:58 pm 

What a great review I like the part when you left your bow in the truck in 80 degrees and no problem I might have to try them out.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:21 am 

Definately peaked my interest. Out here in Oklahoma the bow season doesn't start untill October 1. We still see temperatures of up to 90 degrees and leaving a bow in the case in the truck windows up and doors locked has got to be torturous on the strings. I would love to see how a set of Winners Choice 8190 Xtreme bowstrings would hold up. Great review definately got me thinking about my setup.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable