[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Crossbow Defuser Review - Whitetailkillers.com

Whitetailkillers.com

We're all about hunting!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:21 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
 Post subject: Crossbow Defuser Review
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:51 pm 

I think someone finally came up with a solution to what I see as the biggest inconvenience to using a crossbow for hunting. The Crossbow Defuser allows you to safely de-cock your crossbow at the end of the hunt.

Like it or not, crossbows have become a huge part of archery hunting these days. More hunters take to the woods with crossbows every year. The recent popularity of crossbows has introduced many new hunters to archery season, as well as bringing successful hunts to many young hunters that would otherwise have had to wait many more years to get involved, if ever. Crossbows have really started to evolve recently and many new products are being developed to make using crossbows easier and more convenient.
DSC_0090 (2) (800x410).jpg
DSC_0090 (2) (800x410).jpg [ 278.51 KiB | Viewed 11419 times ]

“The Crossbow Defuser is a portable de-cocking system for most major brands of crossbows.” That’s what the box says. When the guys from Crossbow Defuser showed this tool to me, I was skeptical to say the least. They dropped it onto a cocked crossbow and told me to pull the trigger. If you’re like me, that’s a scary proposition. I’m thinking “Did you bump your head?” but I stood as far away as I could and still reach the trigger, and then I gave the trigger a squeeze. There was no horrible BOOM and when I opened my eyes the bow was just sitting there peacefully resting on the Crossbow Defuser. A few twists of the tension knob and the bow was safely at rest. I was floored! This thing really works.
DSC_0100 (2) (800x425).jpg
DSC_0100 (2) (800x425).jpg [ 282.89 KiB | Viewed 11419 times ]

The design of the Crossbow Defuser is really well thought out. You simply place the u-brace against the inside of your riser, slide the tapered rod back to where your string is in the groove, tighten down the tension knob, push your safety to the fire positon and squeeze the trigger. At this point you can begin to let the bow down by loosening the tension knob. Again this is smooth, because the rod is tapered. The rod can only move as far as the knob has been backed out. It’s just about idiot proof. You can’t dry fire your crossbow because the rod weighs more than a bolt and you can’t send the rod down range accidentally because it has a pin at the back of it which will stop when it reaches the Teflon rod guide. Like I said, this thing is well thought out.
DSC_0049 (2) (800x374).jpg
DSC_0049 (2) (800x374).jpg [ 251.68 KiB | Viewed 11419 times ]

Now let’s get to the benefits of having this tool. For starters, you’ll no longer need to carry a discharge target everywhere you go, or carry that junk bolt that you shoot into the ground. By the way, you know that’s not safe right? More than one of those ground shots have hit something hard and ricocheted and the stress on the bolt itself can cause the bolt to crack. Then, the next time you shoot that cracked bolt it blows up in the bow, destroying your crossbow and potentially sending pieces of arrow through your hand or arm. Next, it is quiet. You could let your crossbow down in a hunting situation without making any noise. You have the ability to check timing throughout the draw cycle as you’re letting off tension, a must for every bow shop that works on crossbows. With a retail price of only around $99 bucks the biggest reason, in my opinion, to own a Crossbow Defuser is the money it will save you. The string on your crossbow is probably good for about three hundred shots, right? Over the course of a few years you’ll maybe put forty of those shots through the bow practicing, and if you’re really lucky another fifteen shots at game. The rest of those shots are discharging the bow. Every time you leave the woods, there’s a shot. That’s hundreds of shots that this tool will give you back. Not to mention the cost of those broken “dirt arrows”, at around fifteen bucks a piece that adds up quickly.

The Crossbow Defuser has a five position adjustable u-brace so that it will work with most crossbows from Mathews, Tenpoint, Darton, PSE, Parker, Barnett, Horton, Carbon Express, Recruit, Cam X, The Brotherhood and Stryker, if you don’t see your brand don’t panic they are working on new adaptors. Currently The Crossbow Defuser won’t work on reverse limb bows, but that may change soon also. There is a weather resistant finish and a limited lifetime warranty on parts.

If you own a crossbow, or if you work on crossbows, this product is a must have. Visit their website http://www.crossbowdefuser.com for more information or to find a dealer near you. You can also find them on Facebook.
DSC_0039 (2) (800x377).jpg
DSC_0039 (2) (800x377).jpg [ 243.11 KiB | Viewed 11419 times ]

Port

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:14 pm 

This thing looks pretty cool. You don't have to shoot your bolt into the dirt. Probably alot safer.
Really cool.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:44 pm 

Yeah Buddy, I love it!

Port

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable